As I settle into my new home, I begin to piece together the most important room in my house (at least to me it’s the most important – my husband probably may disagree). I have found an immense amount of inspiration from pinterest here on a board called Studio / Spaces. I have picked out top 11 and picked out several decor items that I am scouring ebay, garage and estate sales for. If my mom was here, she would have all of these at my front door by Sunday – she attends auctions and estate sales like it’s nobodies business.
- fig. 1) I love everything about this studio. The brick walls, the red hair, the orange skirt, the rug, the everything. Someday I will have exposed brick walls. Sigh.
- fig. 2) I need more book shelves. I have officially filled my first book shelf and need more shelving for my growing book collection.
- fig. 3) I need a dresser. Not for clothes, but for art tools , supplies and materials. I love the look of an old, vintage style dresser without handles and low legs. I found this one etsy and of course it’s sold. I imagine I couldn’t afford the shipping alone on this anyway.
- fig. 4) I need a reading nook. I try to read at least 30″ a day, if not more. I can’t do it at my desk, because then I feel like I am working. So for now, I’ve been retiring to my coach when I find time to read. Perhaps my garden (when it cools down – it’s been in the 80′s and 90′s here in Nashville) would be a good place to read? Thoughts?
- fig. 5) I need chairs. One for me and one for my client for those moments when we’re brainstorming ideas of how to make their art, music or craft their job so they can start living their dreams. Yeah, those moments need chairs, and comfortable ones.
- fig. 6) I need your artwork. Yes, I have my own artwork, but I need your artwork. I need artwork that moves me, inspired me and takes me to a place I have never imagined before. Any ideas for artwork? This artwork is Debbie Carlos and her work is amazzzing.
- fig. 7) I love this idea of clipboards. I suppose I don’t need this, but I love to be organized and perhaps this would be a great addition to the decor and my need to stay clean.
- fig. 8) I need vases & jars for utensils. I have a crazy amount of pens, paintbrushes, calligraphy pens, pencils, markers…. And like I said, staying organized equals a happy life. I found this one on etsy.
- fig. 9) I love this window, all of the old wood and chipped walls. I don’t think I could actually work it this space due to the darkness, but it seems romantic and edgy, like a place I could write my first book.
- fig. 10) I need lamps, a lot of them. I am lucky enough to have a sun-drenched room during the day. But in reality, I am here when it’s dark too and there are zero lights/fixtures in this room except for my lonely desk lamp (that my mom gave me). I found this lamp at Ikea, but really I need this lamp times 2 plus 2 floor lamps.
- fig. 11) I need more plants. I already have a large array of plants that made it safe all the way down south, but My mother-in-law says that having bamboo plants in your home is good feng shui. So I need to find some bamboo plants.
I would’ve posted at least 15 more images of studios and ideas I loved, but I had to post this blog at some point today. As I set off on my search for old vintage furniture, lamps, vases, plants and artwork, do you have any suggestions on where to look and what gives your home studio the perfect balance of inspiration and peace?