If you were to visit my home, you would find flowers or herbs hanging to dry and at least a dozen vases full of the same. It’s one of my favorite ways to add color, nature and beauty to my home.
Have a beautiful weekend everyone!
It’s hard to believe that this image above was taken on Seneca Lake and has no filter or editing. This is really what the sky looked like late August. I am grateful to have captured it.
On another note, but staying with the tangerine theme – I have been saving all of my tangerine peels for something magnificent. Here are the things I made with them:
Here is how I did it:
1. First, I collected and dried a bunch of tangerine peels. They must me really dry, like breakable.
2. I put the tangerine peels (and a few grapefruit peels) into a blender and blended into a powder.
3. Then I portioned out 3 different jars of power; 1 for the scrub, 1 for the spice and the last for the essential oil.
4. Sugar & Tangerine Scrub: I took the powder for the scrub and added equal parts of sugar to peel. When I go to use this, I will add a little bit of oil to make the scrub.
5. Tangerine Powder / Spice: I added the tangerine powder into a spice jar for easy sprinkling on things like salmon. I used this the other night on salmon, mixed with fresh crushed black pepper and salt and it was delicious!
6. Tangerine Essential Oil: And lastly, I used the remaining tangerine powder to make Tangerine Essential Oil. Use the same directions from my Lavender Essential Oil Tutorial here.
Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help! Do you have any peel/food scrap recipes?
I have always viewed death as a beautiful thing; a celebration and a moment of honor to one’s life. Since I can remember, I have always collected small remnants like stones, sticks and flowers while on a hike or walk. I have quite an amazing collection going.
I appreciate the beauty that last forever, that not even death can take away.
Perhaps my that’s why my latest obsession with the TV shows Walking Dead and American Horror Story does the opposite of scaring me, it’s fascinates me.
Today there is snow in Ithaca, NY. I couldn’t be happier.
Today, is the day. The day to be more thoughtful, more personal and more beautiful. With that mantra, I have created a new line of Holiday Cards & our first ever 2013 Herbal Calendar!
All of these items and more are available in our shop, click here. Use coupon code “TODAYISTHEDAY” to receive FREE SHIPPING on all US/domestic orders!
Hurry, this sale ends at midnight.
Just a few watercolor illustrations from our new 2013 Herbal Calendar, available Monday here!
Music, paint and paper make for a perfectly balanced paint day. New herbal prints, calendars and paper goods coming soon. For now, visit my shop for more of my work.
As I prepare for the release of my new fall collection, I think of a walk when I collected all of these beautiful leaves, flowers and petals. Inspired by fall, my new line of work will showcase holiday cards and paper goods with an autumn palette. I will also be releasing new wedding invitations, beautiful custom work and original works of art.
The release of my new line is scheduled for Monday, November 12. Stay tuned and enjoy the endless beauty of fall.